English teachers in Russia

Laura Kline klinela at PROVIDE.NET
Sat Aug 30 14:04:45 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Ted Walls
To: klinela at provide.net
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 7:33 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: [SEELANGS] English teachers in Russia

Hello Russophiles,

Having lived in Russia over a year, let me assure you that 50 euro ain't gonna be enough. If you opt for this program, make sure you are ready to take a financial loss for your time. If you want to have any kind of decent experience, you will need to have 100 bucks per month above food and lodging expenses.

By the way, the going rate for private english tutoring by a native speaker is about 150 roubles an hour, which comes to about 5 bucks.  In Moscow and Peter it can be 15 bucks an hour. Know what you're worth!

If anyone from Wayne takes a job over here, make sure you come look me up in Vladimir. My e-mail address is available through the Russian department.

Ted Walls

]