community of scholars

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Fri Dec 12 16:21:03 UTC 2003

Dear Colleagues:

Especially at this time of year when deadlines loom and patience may be
running on empty, I write to thank all who participate in the
discussions of SEELANGs (and especially those from AATSEEL) for
contributing to our electronic scholarly community.  I'm sure that many
of us recognize that some of the messages posted by a scholar in one
subfield of Slavic studies may be of little interest to a scholar in
another subfield.  Of course, when messages of little relevance to
one's own subfield are posted, the delete key is a very powerful tool
for managing one's e-mail in-box.

I wish all SEELANGers a speedy end to the travails of the semester and
a happy and healthy holiday season. I  hope to see many of you at the
AATSEEL Conference in San Diego.

Sincerely,

Ben

Benjamin Rifkin
Professor and Chair, UW-Madison Slavic Dept.
President, American Association of Teachers of Slavic & E. European
Languages
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706 USA
Voice (608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic