Cyrillic fonts

L. Friend lcf at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Tue Dec 16 23:07:10 UTC 2003

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Francoise Rosset wrote:

> I too would welcome any information on transliterated or phonetic
> fonts and what has worked for you in OSX.

        Be sure to do two things on your Mac:

(1)  System preferences > International > Language > Edit to select
languages

(2)  System preferences > International > Input Menu > Check "on" next to
desired languages.

Download the font "ER UniversIV2" -- it appears to be linked with a
"phonetic" keyboard layout.  I have been able to use it in Microsoft Word
on OSX.3, with good results.

For detailed information, see Matvey Palchuk's "Russification of
Macintosh" at http://www.friends-partners.org/partners/rusmac.

Good luck,

Laura Friend, Ph.C.
Slavic Languages and Literatures, University of Washington