Math terms and book sellers

Christopher A. Tessone tessone at POLYGLUT.NET
Wed Feb 12 06:45:55 UTC 2003

Dear SEELANGERs,

I have the "scalpel" of mathematical knowledge at the ready, but
sometimes terms still elude me.  Thank you all for the citations and
other advice in finding a good Russian-English dictionary of
mathematical terminology.

By the way, in the last few days I've found that translate.ru actually
does rather well with mathematical terminology.  (For instance, I just
fed it "dvoichnoe razlozhenie" and it replied with "binary
decomposition", which is perfect!)  It may not solve really difficult
problems of translation, but it's certainly useful when the necessary
phrase proves a little elusive.

Thanks,
Chris

--