invitation to join SCLA and present at AATSEEL in San Diego

Laura Janda lajanda at EMAIL.UNC.EDU
Thu Feb 20 15:24:54 UTC 2003

Dear SEELANGERS,
        I am writing to invite all interested persons to join the Slavic
Cognitive Linguistics Association. It costs nothing to join, you won't get
lots of email from us, and we have some nice opportunities, such as
conferences and panels. Below I give some recent news. To join, just send
me (janda at unc.edu) an email with your contact information. For information
on cognitive linguistics, see my position paper on the topic at:
www.indiana.edu/~slavconf/SLING2K/pospapers/janda.pdf. For more about our
organization, see: www.unc.edu/depts/seelrc/SCLA_invite.htm
        Best wishes,
        --laura
        1) You are invited to submit paper proposals for the panel on
Cognitive Categories in Slavic Languages that I have proposed for the
annual meeting of the American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East
European Languages which will take place December 27-30 in San Diego,
California. In order to submit a paper proposal, please send your abstract
to Alla Nedashkivska (alla.nedashkivska at ualberta.ca) by April 1 or August
1. Please send me a copy too. By the way, the AATSEEL conference
organizers congratulated us for a very successful panel at the conference
in New York in December.
        2) Editing is underway for selected papers from our SCLA 2002
conference in Turku, Finland. Papers will be published in the e-journal
_Glossos_. Volumes 1 and 3 contain papers from our SCLA 2000 and SCLA 2001
conferences, and can be viewed at www.seelrc.org (click on Glossos).
        3) We are looking forward to our next SCLA meeting to be held in
Dubna, Russia in May or June of 2004. Our thanks to the organizer, Ilja
Shatunovksij.
        4) Don't miss the 8th International Cognitive Linguistics
Conference in La Rioja, Spain July 20-25, 2003. You can read more about it
at www.unirioja.es/dptos/dfm/sub/congresos/LingCog/ICLC_2003.html. (or
just look for it under "iclc 2003" on google)