Pushkin poem

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Fri Feb 21 15:46:21 UTC 2003

Dear SEELANGers,

In Chekhov's _The Duel_, Von Koren asks Laevsky if he's ever read Pushkin's
poem "Ukrainian Night [Ukrainskaia noch']." I assume this is a facetious
work -- I checked the 10 v., 1956 PSS and came up with nothing (he did start
to write a history of the Ukraine in French, which was news to me). But I'm
by no means a Pushkinist! Can anyone out there confirm or deny the existence
of such a poem? Pls. reply off-list!

Thanks in advance!

mad
<><><><><><><><><><><><>