Model 20th-century Russian/Soviet saints' lives in fiction

Nicole monnier monniern at MISSOURI.EDU
Mon Feb 24 20:04:55 UTC 2003

Dear Seelangers:

For a course on the development and adaptation of the hagiographic genre
in Russian literature and culture, I'm looking for 20th-century versions
(inversions?) of the genre in 20th-century Russian/Soviet/post-Soviet
fiction.I'm looking for short works (preferably short stories) that
exist in English translation. All suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks,

Nicole

Dr.  Nicole Monnier
Assistant Professor of Russian