Proverbs

Mary Delle LeBeau marydelle at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Feb 28 16:44:10 UTC 2003

Looking in Sophia Lubensky's Dictionary of Idioms:

"Myagko stelet, da zhestko budet spat' " = an iron hand in a velvet
glove

"I volki syty, i ovtsy tsely" = the wolves are sated and sheep intact
/ Peter was paid without robbing Paul

"Sem' raz otmer', odin raz otrezh' " = look before you leap/ better
to be safe than sorry

Hope this helps.

Best,

Mary Delle LeBeau