Soviet acronyms

Michael Newcity mnewcity at DUKE.EDU
Thu Jul 10 14:28:15 UTC 2003

According to the  Glossary of Russian Abbreviations and Acronyms (1967),
compiled by the Library of Congress, MFTI is the Moscow Physicotechnical
Institute (Moskovskii fiziko-tekhnicheskii institut) and MKhTI is the
Moscow Institute of Chemical Technology im. D. I. Mendeleyev (Moskovskii
khimiko-tekhnologicheskii institut im. D. I. Mendeleeva).

Regards,
Michael Newcity

At 10:05 AM 7/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Could anyone direct me to an online source for Soviet acronyms?  I am
>interested in the two Moscow techincal institutes MFTI and MKhTI, which I
>assume to be physics and chemistry, but would like to confirm.  Thanks!

Center for Slavic, Eurasian, and East European Studies
Room 303 Languages Bldg.
Box 90260
Duke University
Durham, NC  27708-0260