Solutions for Cyrillic layout in Mac OS X and reading old Word documents

Larry McLellan mclellan at GSS.UCSB.EDU
Tue Jul 22 20:46:39 UTC 2003

Thanks you to everyone who responded to my inquiry about using Cyrillic
keyboards in Mac OS X and reading Cyrillic documents written in earlier
versions of Word.  I'd also like to thank William Koseluk, the director
of Instructional Computing at UCSB, for helping solve this problem.

Below is his summary of how both these problems can be solved.  I hope
it may prove useful to other users.

Regards,
Larry McLellan
Germanic, Slavic & Semitic Studies