Hotels in St. Petersburg

Melissa Frazier mfrazier at MAIL.SLC.EDU
Tue Jun 10 13:40:55 UTC 2003

Dear colleagues,

I am posting this query for a friend who is a historian of science and who
studies a Dutch scientist who wrote in Latin and whose archive happens to
be in St. Petersburg.  If you have any suggestions, please pass them on to
John Powers at john_powers at hotmail.com.

Thank you!

John asks:
I am looking for an economical, yet safe and centrally-located hotel in St.
Petersberg.  I will be in town for about two weeks on an archive trip.  My
archive is at the Military-Medicine Academy, which is about two blocks from
where the the battlecrusier Aurora (I think its called) is moored on the
Neva.  Last time I was in St. Petersberg (1997), I stayed with a family,
but this time I hope to have some grant money, and be able to come and go
as I please.  Since I am not fluent in Russian, a hotel which deals with
English-speaking patrons would be a bonus.  Any suggestions you might have
would be welcome.

Melissa Frazier
Literature/Russian Dept.
Sarah Lawrence College