Read Cyrillic on Microsoft word 2000

Fri Jun 13 20:00:11 UTC 2003

Richard Tomback wrote:

 > Could some one please advise me how to set up Microsoft Word 2000 to
 > open Win Zip files in Russian, Sebrbian ,etc. scripts.

Any particular platform?

On Windows systems, fonts and languages are functions of the operating
system. If you have them set up right, the various applications will use
them. Specific directions vary from version to version of Windows. I
have no idea what the situation(s) is/are on the Mac.

As for zip files, WinZip is one of many programs that will open them.
You get a 30-day free trial, and from then on it nags you to pay for it.
Word will not open these files directly, but if you open them in WinZip,
you can double-click on the names of the contained files and Word will
open them. Or else you can tell WinZip to extract the files to your
favorite directory, and Word will open them from there.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com