Sovetish Geimland

David Connor europatrans at OPTUSNET.COM.AU
Sun Jun 15 10:09:56 UTC 2003

Mitsu Numano wrote:
>  I would appreciate very much if anybody could tell me whether the
> Yiddish journal "Sovetish Geimland" (a monthly published in Yiddish)
> ceased to exist (if so, when exactly?) and whether it was succeeded by
> some other Jewish magazine.

I'll be fascinated to hear what other have to say.  I have the entire set
starting from the late 70's when the Yiddish lessons started to be
serialised.  My last issue is no. 11-12 of 1991.  If my memory serves me
well, I may have got a subscription renewal notice at that time and the
renewal price was so much higher that I decided to give it up, especially
since I'd collected the entire Yiddish course by then.
David Connor
Europa Translations
europatrans at optusnet.com.au