Vladimir Mikhailovich Hnatjuk

Natalia Pylypiuk natalia.pylypiuk at UALBERTA.CA
Tue Jun 17 14:52:20 UTC 2003

>I am looking for biographical and any other materials on Ukranian
>folklorist Vladimir Mikhailovich Hnatjuk (ÉÌýڜÍ) 1871-1926
>Search on intertet produced nothing.
>I will appreciate very much any reference.
>Michael Peltsman

Hello Michael,

There is no need to transliterate his name into English from the Russian.

From the Ukrainian, it is:

Volodymyr (Mykhailovych) Hnatjuk.

Begin with the entry on pp. 199-200 in

Encyclopedia of Ukraine, vol. II (G-K)
ed. by Volodymyr Kubijovyc[hachek]

(pub. for the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies, etc.
by the U of Toronto Press), 1988).

There you will find a bibliography that includes such authors as
M. Iatsenko (Ukraine),  B. Romanenchuk (USA), and
M. Mushynka  (Slovakia).

Best,
Natalia Pylypiuk