chocolate - the key to all mythologies!

Bogdan Sagatov webliography at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon May 5 19:54:04 UTC 2003

Dear Ronald LeBlanc,

     There is a vitage Russian ad for chocolate for sale on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3606303016&category=1526
Save the ad to your desktop - you'll get both a file and a webpage.  Open
the file,
move the picture of the ad to your desktop and vola!
    Don't ask me about copyrights!

    Don't laugh but eBay is an excellent source for illustrations.  I
generally look for "one of
a kind items" -- for example, old Russian cabinet photgraph -- and I buy
them!  I'm not sure
but since I own them and they're "one of a kind," there shouldn't be
copyright issues.  Whom
would I contact.  Mind you, for eLeaning  illustrations, I continue to use
the gif. file in the original ad.

   I also find photos of Russian items on eBay that I don't want or can't
afford -- for example, a porcelen plate with
Peter the Great depicted.  I then write the seller -- their email is noted
on the page -- and ask permission to use
their photograph of the item in an eLearning project.  They're sometimes
flattered.  Sometimes they don't respond.
So far I've been batting about .500.

   The chocolate ad I noted above was among several items that appeared when
I searched for "Russian chocolate."

Happy searching!

Dr. Bogdan B. Sagatov
NCS/Language/eLearning Technologies