Khrushchev's words and his shoe banging

Valery Belyanin Vbelyanin at MTU.RU
Thu May 8 16:00:37 UTC 2003

Dear SEELANGers
about porot'
I heard from my farther (born in Siberia):
- Matulja, shto shjosh ne ottula?
- A ja matushka esche porot' budu.
- Матуля, што шьёшь не оттуля?
- А я, матушка, еще пороть буду.
- Matulja (a rare girl s name) what are you sewing from the wrong side?
- Mother, I shall be unsewing (redoing).
meaning that the person is doing something wrong because(?) s/he will
redo. about a lazy and non-handy one.
My point is that it is rather "matushka" than "dedushka" watches how the
daughter sews. Though it may be changed in the context to mention
grandpa if needed.

Best regards, Valery Belyanin
 Editor of www.textology.ru