encoding

Elena Boudovskaia eboudovs at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Mon May 12 16:03:47 UTC 2003

To those who can read e-mail in Russian: what do you need to install to read
all the encodings? I have Outlook Express with the encodings Cyrillic
Windows, Cyrillic ISO, Cyrillic KOI8-R and Cyrillic KOI8-U, and I can read
most of the mail. Sometimes, however, an incoming e-mail consists of series
of question marks, and then I cannot read it in any of the encodings. Some
of my students complain that my Russian e-mails look like question marks
too. What could the matter be, and how can I fix it?

Elena