Children's game

Raul MacDiarmid raul_macdiarmid at WEB.DE
Tue May 20 11:42:57 UTC 2003

Dear colleagues,

In a movie I recall seeing a Russian children's bedtime game in which the child lies tummy-down on the adult's lap while the adult mimics the tread of various animals on the kid's back: thus a slon would be two slow ponderous fists, a chicken would be springy splayed fingers, etc.

Can anyone fill me in on the details of this enthralling game, its name, its "rules" etc.

Raul MacDiarmid