Russian Position at U of Memphis

Elizabeth Blake eblake1 at MEMPHIS.EDU
Thu May 29 00:12:37 UTC 2003

Dear all,

I wanted to express my appreciation for the letters of support for the
Russian program sent to The University of Memphis.  When I met with
the provost, it was clear that the external support for Russian at The
University of Memphis surprised him, so I feel that the letters are
making an impression on the administrators involved in the
decision-making process.

Please keep the letters coming!!!  The provost informed me that their
decisions regarding the termination of their tenure-track faculty have
not yet been finalized, but I understand from a colleague that this will
happen soon.  These letters are already having an impact and may
change their decision about the importance of Russian for the
University.

Elizabeth Blake
University of Memphis