Bednye liudi in English?

Nicole Monnier monniern at MISSOURI.EDU
Thu Nov 6 22:25:10 UTC 2003

Dear SEELANGStsy:

I¹m teaching a Dostoevsky course in the spring and am strongly inclined to
teach Poor Folk. Tracking down enough copies of an English-language version
in sufficient quantities is proving somewhat difficult, however. The only
widely available one I can find is a new translation by Hugh Aplin (Poor
People, Hesperus Press, 2003). It has a pretty cover (to judge from the
picture on Barnesandnoble.com), but I know nothing more about it. Has anyone
out there taken a look at it?

Curiously,

Nicole

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

Dr. Nicole Monnier                              email: monniern at missouri.edu
Assistant Professor of Russian              phone: 573.882.3370
German & Russian Studies Dept.          fax:  573.884.8456
415 GCB
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO  65211