textbook, suggestions for Reading Russian course?

ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue Oct 21 07:52:16 UTC 2003

At 04:25 PM 10/20/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>I'm doing a new course next semester on Reading Russian.  I suspect I'll
>have a range of students, some who know a bit of Russian, some who know
>more, some who know none.  I'm wondering if you might have advice on books
>and on techniques for helping students get the most possible out of the
>course.  I'll be grateful for suggestions.  Many thanks!
>Judith
Reading Modern Russian, from Slavica, still retains some popularity for its
original methods of presentation, although the sample vocabulary is
somewhat outdated by the events of 1989-1991.   I definitely recommend it.
;-)
Jules Levin