Attention American Councils/ACTR alumni!

Lauren Leighton laurengl at PTWI.NET
Thu Oct 23 14:32:45 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU]On Behalf Of Alissa Bibb
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 1:26 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Attention American Councils/ACTR alumni!

Alissa: Please let me know if this is what you need, or if you need anything
else. With best wishes.

Dear Colleagues,

American Councils for International Education [Outbound office] is in
the process of creating our own website.  We plan to have current
pictures and updates from our programs, but a large part of the site
that we hoped to set up is a "Where are they now?" alumni section.  We
think that this will be a great resource and inspiration for fellow
students of Russia and Eurasia.
     What we would like from you is your name, dates of the program you
participated in, your current situation (studying? job?), any recent
trips to Russia, etc....  Participation in this website is completely
voluntary, and feel free to include as much or as little information as
you'd like.  (For example, contact info is great to include, but in no
way necessary).
If you would like to add a posting, please email the information
directly to me.
We hope to have the website operational in January.  The more
participation we get, the better this site will be.  Thank you all in
advance!

Lauren G. Leighton, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Chicago
BIRTH:   21 June 1934
ADDRESS:
     12 Oak Grove Drive
      Madison, Wisconsin 53717-1145
      (608) 836-6947
      E-mail: laurengl at ptwi.net
EDUCATION:
University of Wisconsin  1957?60  Slavic Languages          B.A.
Indiana University       1960?62  Slavic Languages and  Literatures   M.A.
University of Wisconsin  1964?68  Slavic Languages          Ph.D
Indiana University: Russian Area Certificate, Russian and East European
Institute, 1963
Leningrad State University: Postgraduate Research, 1970
PARTICIPATION:
International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)/American Council of
Learned Societies (ACLS), Fall 1977, US?USSR Academic Exchange, for research
in Leningrad (Academy of Sciences of USSR, Institute of Russian Literature,
Pushkin House)
International Research and Exchanges Board/American Council on Learned
Societies, December 1989-April 1990, for research in Leningrad and Moscow,
US-USSR Academic Exchange (Academy of Sciences of USSR, Institute of Russian
Literature, Pushkin House, and Gorky Institute of World Literature)
TEACHING:
Moscow State Pedagogical University, Moscow, RSFSR (RF), Fulbright Exchange
Teacher, 1991-92; Department of Russian Literature, Department of English,
Department of Geography, English Language Section; direct exchange teacher,
fall 1993, Special Seminars. Since 1991 I have continued my relationship
with the Department of Russian, and I am welcome to teach there.
Moscow Institute of International Relations, (Ministry of Foreign Affairs),
Fulbright Exchange Teacher, 1991-92; Department of World Literature and
Culture
Moscow State Linguistics University, Department of Translation and
Interpretation, Fall 1998, Seminar on Translation
RECENT TRAVEL
Travel Grant, Campus Research Board, for travel to USSR to participate in
International Cultural Mission Istoki sponsored by Philanthropical Society
Lichnost', 6 July-23 September 1990.
Fulbright Teaching Award, Moscow, RF, 1991-92.
Travel Grant, International Research and Exchanges Board, for travel to USSR
to participate in First International Pushkin Conference, Academy of
Sciences, 26 May-1 June 1992, Pushkinskie gory.
Travel Grant, Graduate College, for travel to Russia to participate in
Second International Pushkin Conference, Academy of Sciences, 27 May-1 June
1993, Tver.
1991-present: my wife (Russian) and I live part-time in her apartment in
Moscow.

Alissa Bibb
Program Assistant
Outbound Office