Final CFP: BASEES 2004 - linguistics, pedagogy, translation studies

Neil Bermel n.bermel at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK
Sun Sep 7 08:40:43 UTC 2003

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS
BASEES - BRITISH ASSOCIATION FOR SLAVONIC AND EAST EUROPEAN STUDIES
3 - 5 APRIL 2004
FITZWILLIAM COLLEGE, CAMBRIDGE

Dear colleagues,

This is the final call for papers for BASEES 2004.  We invite you to submit
abstracts for complete panels and individual papers in all areas of
linguistics, language pedagogy and translation studies.  This year's
conference saw approximately 20 presentations in the field, covering areas
including sociolinguistics, dialectology, generative linguistics,
instructional technology, and translation.  The conference overall had over
200 presenters in a variety of subjects, including history, literature and
cultural studies, sociology, economics, and politics.  More information is
available on the BASEES website:

www.basees.org.uk

BASEES welcomes participation from UK and non-UK scholars, whether members
of academic staff or postgraduate students.  We encourage the submission of
complete panels (3 speakers, or 2 speakers plus discussant) but do not
require it.

You can send all abstracts IN LINGUISTICS, LANGUAGE TEACHING AND
TRANSLATION STUDIES directly to Dr Jan Fellerer
(jan.fellerer at wolfson.ox.ac.uk).  However, any preliminary enquiries in
linguistics, language teaching and translation studies about housing,
travel, etc. before the abstract deadline of 1 OCTOBER should be sent to me
(n.bermel at sheffield.ac.uk).  Participants will be notified of the status of
their submission by the end of November.  Submissions and enquiries IN
OTHER FIELDS represented at the conference should go to the appropriate
subject organisers (see the website www.basees.org.uk for their contact
information); sending them to me will result in unnecessary delays.

(Please note that BASEES does not undertake to fund all scholars whose
papers are accepted; participants must count on paying their own travel and
conference expenses.  Some funding is available for postgraduate students
at UK universities.)

Neil Bermel
Russian and Slavonic Studies
University of Sheffield