faux amis

Uladzimir Katkouski uladzik at MAILBOX.HU
Wed Sep 10 20:38:25 UTC 2003

Hi!

> The main problem is that most dictionaries are very bad. This is
> especially
> true of Belarusian. So please, Mr Katkouski, if you have spotted
> mistakes
> in "almost half" of my Belarusian examples, please tell me about them,
> and
> I will correct them. And if you know "some very obvious and
well-known"
> examples I have missed so far, please let me know about them as well,
> will gladly add them.

In order not to clutter the discussion with word lists, I copy my answer
to you here:

http://www.pravapis.org/art_false_friends.asp

So the others can visit it, if they have interest in that. As you can
see, you have quite a few of them wrong.

But I am sorry if you feel offended. First of all, I did not know that
the author of this website reads this. Second, I did not mean to offend
you at all. I am only interested in knowledge and in the truth.

Kind regards,
Uladzimir