NOT for your students: lack of cultural sensitivity

Natalia Pylypiuk natalia.pylypiuk at UALBERTA.CA
Wed Sep 17 03:43:37 UTC 2003

I look forward to the day when my fellow Americans celebrate the
beautiful traditions of all the countries *[f]rom the footthills of
the Carpathians to icy
Alaska*, by recognizing that this vast expanse of territory always
embraced and continues to embrace many other cultures, besides the
Russian one.  My fellow Slavists could help in this respect by
promoting greater cultural awareness and sensitivity than the one
articulated in the text cited below.

Natalia Pylypiuk
University of Alberta
http://www.mlcs.ca