diversity in slavic dept.s

Thomas F. Anessi tfa2001 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Sep 20 04:10:45 UTC 2003

I would suggest that "the North American
Slavic field" be expanded to include those
teaching languages and literatures other than
Russian. Among the diverse body of students
I have observed taking classes in our Slavic
Department are those studying languages as
diverse as Polish, Czech and Serbo-Croatian.

Thomas Anessi
Columbia University