Seeking anti-war propaganda

Franklin Sciacca fsciacca at HAMILTON.EDU
Wed Sep 24 15:19:22 UTC 2003

In conjunction with a course I am teaching on political and social
movements in the late sixties, the class is organizing an exhibition
in the college gallery.  I  would like to include some vivid Soviet
materials--  propaganda--as well as ephemera of some sort to
represent the dissident movement in USSR (samizdat of some sort,
perhaps?).  Does anyone have anything apropriate in their
collections, especially anti-War-in-Vietnam posters, we could borrow?
I have a few of the more typical  Lenin-Marx-Engels-Brezhnev, but
would like to include some juicy anti-Imperialist slogans.  Or any
thoughts on where I might borrow such material?  All materials will
be handled with utmost care by our gallery staff.  (Show runs from
December until mid-February.  Everything will be returned then.)  Big
thanks. Please respond off list.

Related question-- is there any institution in the country actively
collecting Soviet ephemera/realia?...  As no doubt most of us of a
certain age, I have drawers full of interesting Soviet-period
"things" and am wondering to  whom I might donate them some day...

  Frank
--
Franklin Sciacca
Hamilton College