query about transliteration

Brewer, Michael brewerm at U.LIBRARY.ARIZONA.EDU
Thu Apr 22 15:51:52 UTC 2004

Carol,

Though I am not certain that it will have the answer to your questions (I am
not sure there is a single system that Russians uniformly use, just as there
is no system that Westerners uniformly use) I do have a fairly extensive
overview of transliteration and transcription on that portion of my Slavic
Information Literacy site (still very much under construction and still very
interested in the input/collaboration of others in the field).  Hopefully
this can be helpful.  Please use IE to view (I hope to resolve the browser
problems at a later date).

Mb

http://dizzy.library.arizona.edu/library/teams/fah/subpathpages/Russian.Slav
ic/RIL/library/transcription/transcription.htm (be sure also to look at the
sub pages linked from the "More Resources" section).

Michael Brewer
German & Slavic Studies and Media Arts Librarian
University of Arizona Library, A210
1510 E. University
P.O. Box 210055
Tucson, AZ 85721-0055