bookdealers' addresses (continued)

Steven Hill s-hill4 at UIUC.EDU
Sun Aug 29 17:30:40 UTC 2004

Dear helpful colleagues:

I'm grateful for indispensable feedback from Kern Lunde & Adam Siegel on
my problems trying to establish currently workable E-Mail addresses of
Russian booksellers in the USA.   (I have been pulling out Russian book
catalogs accumulated over the years, lifting "coordinates" from them,  and
recycling the old catalogs themselves. But I'm learning that E-Mail
addresses can be very changeable things...)

This week I had tried the old E-Mail address for Russian Press Service in IL
("RPSINC at MCS.COM") -- it bounced back.   Today I tried the new address
suggested by Kern Lunde ("RPS at RUSSIANPRESS.COM") & it didn't
bounce back, so let's hope it's okay.

Likewise, Victor Kamkin in MD ("KAMKIN at IGC.APC.ORG") -- bounced back.

Likewise, Znanie in San Francisco ("ZNANIE at BEST.COM" ) -- bounced
back.

So not only did the old catalogs "expire" & should be recycled, but also
the E-Mail addresses expired as well.

Do I recall reading a few years ago that Victor Kamkin Inc. had run into
serious financial problems (allegedly unpaid taxes?) and was in danger of
going out of business?   Or was that problem finally resolved favorably?

I've heard no news (bad or good) about Znanie, but I'd been assuming they
are still functioning...

Gratefully,
Steven P Hill (Univ. of IL, USA).
"S-HILL4 at UIUC.EDU"