Amusing debate over language in Ukraine -- and a question

Maria M. Dmytrieva xmas at UKR.NET
Fri Dec 3 00:47:46 UTC 2004

first of all, he's ethnical Bielorussian.
then, this difference emegres when translation into English is done
either from Russian or from Ukrainian.
compare Kyiv vs. Kiev, Mykola vs. Nikolai and so on.