News: Yushchenko victim of dioxin poisoning

Victor Olevich ViktorOlevich at AOL.COM
Sat Dec 11 22:17:52 UTC 2004

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul: "We do not know exactly how many millions - or tens of
millions - of dollars the United States government spent on the presidential
election in Ukraine. We do know that much of that money was targeted to assist
one particular candidate, and that through a series of cut-out non-governmental
organizations (NGOs) - both American and Ukrainian - millions of dollars ended
up in support of the presidential candidate, Viktor Yushchenko."

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2004/cr120704.htm

AP: "The Bush administration has spent more than $65 million in the past two
years to aid political organizations in Ukraine, paying to bring opposition
leader Viktor Yushchenko to meet U.S. leaders and helping to underwrite exit
polls indicating he won last month's disputed runoff election."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=3&
u=/ap/20041210/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_ukraine_election_6

Victor Olevich
Editor of US and Canada Dept.
Polar Star
http://zvezda.ru