Fw: Teddy Bear Icon Virus

Harlow Robinson harlo at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Jan 6 02:20:42 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: nycr at nyconcertreview.com
To: nycr at nyconcertreview.com
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 5:15 PM
Subject: Fwd: Teddy Bear Icon Virus

Unfortunately a virus has been passed to me through an address book
virus which also infected my address book. Since you are in my address
book, you will probably find it in your computer too. The virus (called
jdbg.exe) is not detected by Norton or MacAfee anti-virus systems. The
virus sits quietly for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent
automatically by messenger and by address book, whether or not you sent
e-mail to your contacts. Basically that means you will pass the virus along
unknowingly, as I did. I was sent this e-mail, and I am now passing it on
so you know how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it.

Please do this; it is very simple and takes about 2 min.

1. go to start, then click your (find) or (search) option
2. in the folder option, type the name: jdbgmgr.exe
3. be sure to search your c. drive and all sub folders
and any other drives you may have
4. click (find now)
5. the virus has a teddy bear icon with the name:
jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT!

6. go to (edit) on menu bar and choose (select all) to highlight the
file without opening it
7. now go to file (on the menu bar) and select
delete. it will then go to the recycle bin. if you find the virus you
must contact all the people in your address book so that they may
eradicate the virus from their own address books.

To do this:
1. open a new email message
2. click the address book icon or button
3. highlight every name and add to "bcc"
4. copy this message and paste to email.

This will affect everyone in your address book so send it now. Sorry
about this!

Mimi Melkonian, Executive Assistant

New York Concert Review, Inc.

P. O.  Box 230524