Tolstoy Studies Journal, Volume XV

Donna Orwin donna.orwin at UTORONTO.CA
Wed Jan 7 01:12:53 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

I am proud to announce that volume XV of /Tolstoy Studies Journal /is
now available. We are already collecting material for next year's issue,
and we invite you to submit your articles and reports. We are interested
in all aspects of Tolstoy's life, works, and influence. Information
about submission and purchasing the journal for yourself or your library
is available at tolstoystudies.org.

Sincerely yours,

Donna Orwin, Editor
/Tolstoy Studies Journal/

Table of Contents of Volume XV, /Tolstoy Studies Journal/

Articles

Count L. N. Tolstoy, Peace Arbitrator 1861-1862
Roxanne Easley
Tolstoy’s Confession: The Conception of a Worldview
Galina Ia. Galagan (translated by Dale Peterson)
Scenes from the Apocalypse in Tolstoy’s War and Peace: The Lion of Judah
Robert Louis Jackson
The End of Knowing in War and Peace
Jeff Love
Dolokhov as Romantic Parody: Ambiguity and Incongruity in
Tolstoy’s Pre-Byronic Hero
Donna Oliver
 From William James to Karl Marx: David Kvitko’s Studies of
Tolstoy the Thinker
James Scanlan

Translations

Encounters with Tolstoy
N. A. Tsurikov

Research Note

Tolstoy as Goldilocks: The Solution to a Mystery
Richard Gregg

Tolstoy Scholarship in Russia and Abroad

Recent Publications and Annotated Bibliography for 2001-2002
Paul Haddock
Supplement to the Annotated Bibliography for 1988-1994 Mark Conliffe

Reviews

Kåre Johan Mjør. Desire, Death, and Imitation: Narrative Patterns in the
Late Tolstoy (Amy Mandelker)
Liza Knapp and Amy Mandelker. Approches to Teaching Tolstoy’s
Anna Karenina(Edwina Cruise)
Anna in the Tropics (a play by Nilo Cruz) (Amy Mandelker)
Russkie mysliteli o Tolstom
(L. D. Gromova-Opulskaia; translated by Lonny Harrison)
The Complete Correspondence between Tolstoy and Strakhov (Hugh McLean)

News from the Profession

Conference(Sarah Hudspith)