Study Russian in Russia (Siberia!!!)

Cosmopolitan cosmoschool2 at MAIL.RU
Tue Jan 20 11:36:52 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

The International Language School COSMOPOLITAN, Novosibirsk, Russia, is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for the following programs of Russian studies in Russia:

- SUMMER RUSSIAN COURSES in Novosibirsk;

- RUSSIAN COURSES in Novosibirsk throughout the school year 2004/2005 (any duration from a few days up to the academic year)

- 'LINKING THE PLANET' International Summer Language School

We will very much appreciate it if you could forward the information on our programs in Siberia, Russia, to people who might be interested, and also include it in your newsletters/listings/web site.

We provide Russian courses for international students of all ages and levels of Russian. We believe that the individual communicative approach and complete language and cultural immersion, that we apply in our school, are the most effective methods of language learning and expanding your knowledge of the local culture. Everyone can expect a warm and friendly atmosphere along with professional service. Our goal is that all our students have the most enjoyable and worthwhile experience possible during their stay with us. We offer GENERAL RUSSIAN LANGUAGE COURSES, INTENSIVE RUSSIAN COURSES, BUSINESS RUSSIAN COURSES, EXAM PREPARATION RUSSIAN COURSE. Other courses on Russian Culture, Literature, History, Politics, Economy, Professional Development, etc., are available on request. You might also want to take a combination of coures. We are very flexible and apply an individual approach to every student, so we can definitely offer a course, which interests YOU and meets YOUR needs, expectations and budgets.

Our programs are aimed at achieving practical fluency and confidence in the use of the Russian language with the focus on the integration of all the four language learning components and skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing) and the emphasis on communication. Peculiarity of our courses consists in combination of individual intensive tuition and extensive social and cultural programs. We also believe that for a program of language tuition to be successful, you must live the language you are learning, and complete isolation from your own language is the only sure way to rapid progress. We suggest you get immersed in the Russian language 24 hours a day, and live with a hospitable Russian family, who will provide you with a room and board, and will also participate in your learning process through discussion sessions that are scheduled within your homestay. In addition to learning the Russian language, the cultural program of the school is an extraodinarily enriching and rewarding experience. Our program coordinator works individually with each student to organize various after-class activities and provide extensive weekend leisure options for the students.

Novosibirsk is the third largest city of Russia (after Moscow and St.Petersburg) and the chief city of Siberia. Being the cultural, scientific and educational center of Siberia, surrounded by picturesque wooded and field areas, Novosibirsk is the best place for learning the Russian culture focusing on the importance of complete linguistic and cultural immersion, and provides incredible opportunities for experiencing the hospitality and cordiality Siberians are famed for.

- 'LINKING THE PLANET' International Summer Language School

This is an educational multi-cultural program that our International Language School "Cosmopolitan" runs during the summer '2004 in a picturesque wooded area outside of the city of Novosibirsk, Siberia, Russia, in four consecutive two-week sessions, with participation of volunteer teachers and international students from around the globe.

The program is a great chance for international participants to learn the Russian language and get a first-hand experience of the Russian culture and society. It provides the unique cultural opportunity of daily interaction with the Russian children, youth and adults. The RUSSIAN COURSE is organized for volunteer teachers and overseas students and includes language studies as well as learning about the Russian culture, history and society. The cultural and social program of the school is an extraodinarily enriching and rewarding experience.

At the same time, the program is also a wonderful opportunity to meet colleagues from other countries, share your knowledge and culture, and have a very worthwhile experience leading to a greater international understanding through this cross-cultural interaction. For the past few years volunteer teachers from Argentina, Australia, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Holland, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Malaysia, Singapore, Switzerland, the United States of America, as well as university students and school children from the USA, Great Britain and Germany have participated in our summer language school programs.

You can apply as either a VOLUNTEER TEACHER or an international VOLUNTEER COUNSELOR or as an INTERNATIONAL STUDENT.

* Have you always wanted to add some meaning to an overseas adventure?

* Do you want a new, challenging experience?

* Are you willing to gain experience, improve communication abilities, and develop skills that will help in your future employment?

* Have you ever daydreamed about gaining insight into the Russian culture and life in a way no traveler could?

If 'yes' is the answer, join our program - you still have a chance!

If interested in attending or obtaining more information about these programs please email cosmopolitan at online.nsk.su

We look forward to hearing from you and remain hopeful that we could establish a worthwhile co-operation.

Regards,

Natasha Bodrova,

Director of International Language School "Cosmopolitan",

Novosibirsk, Russia

cosmopolitan at online.nsk.su