Rebecca Epstein Matveyev

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at WISC.EDU
Fri Jul 9 23:58:09 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues:

It is with profound sadness that I share with you the news of the death of
Rebeccca Epstein Matveyev, Associate Professor of Russian at Lawrence
University.  Rebecca earned her PhD with us at UW-Madison.

She was a light in our profession and will be sorely missed.

An obituary has been posted at the Lawrence University website:

http://www.lawrence.edu/news/matveyev_notice.shtml

Condolences may be sent to the family:

> Jeremy Epstein
> 4575 Forest Drive
> Fairfax, VA 22030
> Email: jeremy.epstein at cox.net

Sincerely,

Ben Rifkin

*************
Benjamin Rifkin
University of Wisconsin-Madison

Professor and Chair, Slavic Dept.
1432 Van Hise, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-1623; Fax (608) 265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic

Director, Title VI Center for Russia, E. Europe & Central Asia (CREECA)
210 Ingraham Hall, 1550 Observatory Dr.
Madison, WI 53706 USA
(608) 262-3379; Fax (608) 265-3602
http://www.wisc.edu/creeca