Tolstoy in Color

Donna Orwin donna.orwin at UTORONTO.CA
Sat Jul 24 10:10:45 UTC 2004

Dear Colleagues,

Once again I am proud to announce a new addition to the Tolstoy Studies
Journal web site.  Our Web Editor, Professor Michael Denner of Stetson
University, has put up a file on the first Russian color photo, which
was taken in 1908 by Russian scientist Sergei Mikhailovich
Prokudin-Gorsky of Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy.  The file includes
correspondence between the photographer and Tolstoy, a technical
discussion of the photography, and other matters as well.

Sincerely,

Donna Orwin

Prof. Donna Tussing Orwin
Editor, Tolstoy Studies Journal
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Toronto
Alumni Hall 415
121 St. Joseph St.
Toronto. ON M5S 1J4