do you have/need the following Russian books ?

B. Shir redorbrown at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 9 23:08:27 UTC 2004

Dear All, one lady in my neighborhood (that is, U of C, Chicago) decided to put on sale her late husband's collection, all in Russian.

 I helped her to make the list, and I didn't  mention publisher, unless outside Russia:

Complete works:

1)      Goncharov, 6v.v., 1959, akademicheskoe izdanie

2)      Kuprin,6 v.v., 1957akademicheskoe izdanie

3)      Dostoevsky 10v.v., 1956 akademicheskoe izdanie

4)      Turgenev, letters, 14v.v., 1961akademicheskoe izdanie

5)      Turgenev, works 15 v.v., 1960 akademicheskoe izdanie

6)      Gogol, 6 v.v., 1952 akademicheskoe izdanie

7)      Gorky, 18 v.v. 1960 akademicheskoe izdanie

8)      Chexov 12 v.v., 1954 akademicheskoe izdanie

9)      Pushkin 10 v.v., 1956 akademicheskoe izdanie

10)  Leskov 11 v.v., 1956 akademicheskoe izdanie

11)  Lermontov v.v. 4, 1948 akademicheskoe izdanie

12)  Serafimovich 7 v.v., 1959 akademicheskoe izdanie

Selected works:

1)      Selected poems, Axmatova, 1952, NY

2)      Nabokov, Short stories, 1956, NY

3)      Turgenev, 2v.v., 1951

4)      Gorky, Selected stories, 2 v.v., 1956

5)      Gorky, Matvey Kozhemyakin, 2 v.v., 1916?, Berlin

6)      Tolstoy, War and Peace, 2v.v., 1949

 “Cheluskin” (with RARE pictures!) 3 volumes, 1934

 All books are in great condition. She is going to evaluate them in a local book store. However, if you know what you want and what is affordable (count shipping) - tell her your price.

She is a retired professor of the U of C, and doesn't have an e-mail. That is why fill free to contact me

off-line, or ask me for her phone number.

Liza Ginzburg