Patronymics

lemelinc lemelinc at DICKINSON.EDU
Fri Jun 11 08:55:13 UTC 2004

Yes.  The celebration is after she comes back from roddom.  (I remember Gurin remarks how much the baby looks like Katya).  And as I recall, having given "Aleksandrovna" as the patronymic, Katya meets the momentary silence of her friends by saying, "v chest' moego otca."

Christopher W. Lemelin
Assistant Professor
Dickinson College
PO Box 1773