ex-USSR nationalities in film (revised list)

Curt F. Woolhiser cwoolhis at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Jun 13 02:34:13 UTC 2004

Actually, the list does include the film "Tabor ukhodit v nebo," the only film
from the ex-USSR that I am aware of in which Gypsies (Roma) are the
protagonists. Could you recommend any other films from the former Soviet Union
in which Roma characters play a substantial role? (I decided not to include in
the list the numerous film adaptations of 19th-century Russian classics with
bit-part appearances by Roma musicians).

Quoting Alina Israeli <aisrael at AMERICAN.EDU>:

> One nationality is badly missing from this list, although is very present
> in film: Gypsy or Roma.
>
> __________________________
>  Alina Israeli
>  LFS, American University