Reminder: 5 weeks to deadline for 2004 AATSEEL Conference

William J. Comer wjcomer at KU.EDU
Thu Jun 24 15:12:03 UTC 2004

Dear Seelangers,

The Call for Papers for the 2004 Annual Meeting of the American Association
of Teachers of Slavic and East European languages (AATSEEL) to be held in
Philadelphia, PA is posted at the following site:

http://www.aatseel.org/program/

We invite scholars in our field who want to participate in the conference to
submit abstracts of their papers by 1 August 2004.  All abstracts will
undergo double-blind peer review, and authors will be informed about their
participation in the conference by 1 September.

We will accept panel declarations until 1 August. We also encourage AATSEEL
members to form their own complete panels with the understanding that all
presenters will submit individual abstracts.

Proposals for roundtables and forums should be submitted by August 1 as
well.

All abstract authors must be AATSEEL members in good standing for 2004, or
have a waiver of membership approved by the Chair of the AATSEEL Program
Committee, when they submit their abstracts for peer review. For information
on AATSEEL membership, details on conference participation, guidelines for
preparing abstracts, please follow the links from AATSEEL's homepage
(http://www.aatseel.org).

Please share this information with other colleagues in the field who may not
be members of SEELANGS.

Best wishes,

William J. Comer
Chair, AATSEEL Program Committee

--
William J. Comer
Associate Professor, Slavic Languages and Literatures
Email: wjcomer at ku.edu
Websites: www.ku.edu/~egarc and www.ku.edu/~russcult