invitations

Renee Stillings | Alinga renee at ALINGA.COM
Mon May 10 13:38:12 UTC 2004

Unfortunately that is a bit of a bind as the only other options are:

1. Tourist visas - only valid for one month max.
2. Business visas - ones for up to 3 months can be done fairly quickly (3
days) but while this can work for 1-2 individuals, an entire group coming in
as "businesspeople" could run a risk. These risks would appear if a) all of
their visa applications were submitted together to the consulate and b) if
they all go through passport control in a line. A can be controlled and B is
unlikely, but still they are remote possibilities.

Also, for business visas, you are going to need to list them all on the
support request and the visa application form (a new and nightmarish format
for anyone who has not downloaded it yet from www.russianembassy.org) as
having "jobs" - i.e. something substantiating a business visa. Easiest is of
course for them to show as self-employed consultants, since otherwise they
need really management level positions with contact info. But the flaw in
all of this may be their age, which would make all of that look rather
absurd.

Although it increases costs significantly, the safest option may be to do a
tourist visa and then pick up a student visa during a side trip to Tallinn.

Renee