another invitation question

Renee Stillings | Alinga renee at ALINGA.COM
Mon May 10 17:50:14 UTC 2004

I have used gotorussia.com without any problems for a couple of years now -
both for real tourists and for students who can't get the student visa fast
enough. I've had no problems so far although as with all cases it takes
constant practice to get a good picture of the many "nuances" that come up
from time to time that affect everyone, including gotorussia.com. They do
not have a requirement that you need to have a hotel booked for the period
and they can simply issue 30-day visa support. You do still need to register
it somewhere and if you don't plan to do that in a hotel, then they have
offices in Moscow and St. Petersburg that can do the registration for a fee
of about $30.

I know that visatorussia.com used to be a partner of gotorussia.com and I am
not sure of the details of why that relationship ended. When it existed and
their visas were sourced from visatorussia.com (Intelservice) I do not
recall any problems either.

Renee

> Dear All,
>
>         I'm looking at two options for getting invitations to initiate
visas to
> Russia for a group of students in September for 20 days:  (1) the St.
> Petersburg travel company involved says it can issue invitations only for
> the dates of our group hotel reservations (this sounds like the old
> practice).  (2) Some individual students want to arrive early or stay late
> on their own, and I see at <visatorussia.com> that one can ask for a
30-day
> tourist visa, and visatorussia.com can initiate the invitation and visa
> application regardless of one's hotel reservations or living
accommodations.