Children in 19th-century Russian lit

Elif Batuman alif at STANFORD.EDU
Fri May 14 21:11:21 UTC 2004

I'm sorry to put a damper on this festival of information exchange, but my
feeble email program is in semi-paralysis from this deluge of references
to children's literature.  It seems to me that if all members of the list
receive the titles of every work from 19th-c Russian lit that has a child
under age 10, including all works in which the childhood development of
the adult hero is significant to the plot, and branching out to visual
arts as well - and that if this information is dispatched at a rate of 1-2
references, per 3K message - I will not be able to use my email all day!

Is it possible that everyone who thinks of a new work with a child in it
could just reply ONLY to the original poster, who could then compile a
list and send it out to everyone after a couple of days, so we get them
all at once?  I'd really appreciate it, and maybe others would too.

Thanks, Elif