photos of Russian empire

Kris Groberg kgroberg at FARGOCITY.COM
Mon May 24 15:54:43 UTC 2004

Elena Gapova wrote:

> Does anyone know why these photos are in color?
>
> e.g.

There is a very beautiful book with the color photographs taken by Leonid
Andreev of his family and friends from about 1890 on, as I recall. The
plates were inherited by his granddaughter, who had them printed. He used a
French process then in vogue. If I can find the box in which that book
resides, I will post the title. I also think I remember that Petr Otsup used
a color technique for his photos of architecture from about 1900 on. Karl
Bulla, official court photographer, did also.

--
Kris

Kristi A. Groberg, Ph.D.
3021-23rd Avenue South West, Unit H