Translator needed: Russian to English

Alexandre Bondar abondar at SYMPATICO.CA
Fri Nov 12 02:37:23 UTC 2004

Translator needed: Russian to English

My name is Alexandre Bondar. I am a Russian writer living in Canada.
This is my web page (in Russian).
http://det.lib.ru/a/aleksandr_b/
I am an author of several books and a large number of published articles and stories
in a variety of literary editions. I am the author of a new genre in literature - literary remake.
It is not just a retelling of an already known and published story, but a complete makeover of
someone else's work. Particularly, I am interested in remaking works of classic Soviet writers,
Arkady Gaidar, Pavel Blyahin, Leonid Sobolev, Lev Sheinin etc.
For example, a short novel "The Drummer Girl" http://pulp.lib.ru/a/aleksandr_b/barabanchica.shtml
is a remake of Arkady Gaidar's short novel "The Fate of the Drummer" http://lib.ru/GOLIKOW/baraban.txt
( the links are all in Russian);
a short novel "Black Avengers" http://pulp.lib.ru/a/aleksandr_b/mstiteli.shtml is a remake of
Pavel Blyahin's short novel "The Little Red Devils" http://lib.ru/PRIKL/BLYAHIN/krasnye.txt ;
story "Lyonka Panteleev" http://lib.ru/RUSS_DETEKTIW/SHEJNIN/r_panteleew.txt is a remake
of L. Sheinin's story by the same name http://det.lib.ru/a/aleksandr_b/panteleev.shtml ;
story "A House on the Corner of the Street" http://det.lib.ru/a/aleksandr_b/dom.shtml is a remake
of A. Gaidar's story "The Corner House" http://orel.rsl.ru/nettext/russian/gaidar/UGLDOM.TXT .
It seems to me that now, in times of looming crisis of post-modernism, literary remake could rejuvenate literature.
A huge number of obscure and already forgotten works of the past are waiting for their new authors.
Remake essentially sends the literature back to the principles of mythology, that is, a work does not
really have an author ( the institute of authorship becomes nominal and secondary in comparison
to the end result - the literary work created as a result of a number of rewritings), just as any legend
or fable does not have an author and is a result of a series of sequential literary remakes.
This is an arguable statement, but I am sure that in the future "auteur" works will make up not more than 10%
of the total of new literary works, the rest will be remakes.
I think, that English-speaking readers might be interested in my literary experiments, but, unfortunately,
I don't have any contacts in English language literary circles. I would be immensely grateful for any information
or advice on this topic.

Thank you.
Alexandre Bondar