Ukraine: The Opinion of the Other Side

Alexei Kokin alaix at YAHOO.COM
Tue Nov 30 06:56:48 UTC 2004

Note however that Leont'ev -- for all his anti-American and anti-EU attacks, spin and vitriol -- supports (inasmuch as journalists have values at all) free markets in combination with law and order and an assertive foreign policy, which reminds me of a whole class of American pundits. Russia needs its own Rush Limbaughs, Ann Coulters and David Horowitzes! ;-)

Alexei

Henryk Baran <hbaran at VERIZON.NET> wrote:
Colleagues,
for anyone who does not regularly follow the Russian media, it should be
noted that Mikhail Leont'ev is a sophisticated, frequently crude, highly
anti-Western and anti-American propagandist. His views on the situation in
Ukraine should be taken with more than a pinch of salt. Not so long ago he
was trumpeting Yanukovich's "victory" in a television debate with
Yushchenko...

Henryk Baran
University at Albany