Ukraine: The Opinion of the Other Side

Henryk Baran hbaran at VERIZON.NET
Tue Nov 30 12:51:17 UTC 2004

Unquestionably, Russia needs a full spectrum of journalistic / media
opinion. The problem is that, for some time now, the position represented by
Leont'ev and his associates is an overwhelmingly privileged one, while
moderate voices are restricted to such gilded cages as the "Ekho Moskvy"
radio station, kept open as a kind of demonstration of the government's
"liberalism."

Henryk Baran
University at Albany