Cat Leopold and Ukrainian Politics

Kirill Sereda kvsereda at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue Nov 30 22:01:07 UTC 2004

It does not seem that this phrase is in Leopold the Cat's vocabulary anymore now that the orange revolutionaries are threatening to use force if their demands are not met :)

Kirill Sereda

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list [mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Dima Frangulov
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 4:45 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] Cat Leopold and Ukrainian Politics

Not just the resemblance, Kot Leopold as a Russian cartoon character of the late 80s is known for his famous phrase to the mice -- Rebiata, davaite zhit' druzhno--- Guys, let us be friends.
______________________________
Dima Frangulov
East View Information Services
E-mail: dfrangulov at eastview.com
Website: www.eastview.com

 >>  Simple, and rather funny, facial resemblance between Yushchenko and
 >>  Leopold is the reason. It's like jokingly calling your opponent Felix the
 >>  Cat if he has huge bulging eyes :)

 >>  Kirill Sereda

Dima Frangulov
Vice President