techie librarian looking for homestay in Moscow

Kevin Hawkins kshawkin at UMICH.EDU
Wed Oct 6 13:41:43 UTC 2004

Colleagues, pardon the personal request:

I'm a librarian at the University of Michigan, working in scholaly electronic publishing.  I'll be on leave in Moscow on a Fulbright grant from January to July 2005, interning (so to speak) at the Inostranka ( http://www.libfl.ru/ ), the Istorichka ( http://www.shpl.ru/ ), and FEB ( http://www.feb-web.ru/ ) and improving my language skills at MGU a few hours a week.

I would like to arrange a homestay and am looking for any leads you might have.  I'm not picky -- just want a room with breakfast, dinner, and a little bit of company since living alone and cooking for one are a drag, especially in a foreign country.  Though I haven't been using Russian much in the past two years, I studied Russian for many years and spent plenty of time with Russian speakers in the US.  (I was unofficially rated as an "Advanced Mid" speaker by the ACTFL guidelines.)  So potential hosts need not be afraid of communications or cultural barriers.

If you know of anyone who would be interested in hosting me for seven months, please reply to me personally at KevinHawkins04 at fulbrightweb.org , the address I'm using for all correspondence related to my Fulbright grant and contacts made through this trip.  Thanks.

Kevin
http://www.umich.edu/~kshawkin/