Seeking a translator - Russian to American English

Gilles Sarrailhe GSarrailhe at gstransint.com
Sun Oct 17 17:05:09 UTC 2004

>From time to time I post messages to this list from people who are not
subscribers yet have information of interest to SEELANGS list members.
If you'd like to reply, please do so directly to the sender.  This is
such a post.

- Alex, list owner of SEELANGS

Seeking translators and editors for the translation of a Russian novel
into American English.

GS Translations & Interpreting <http://www.gstransint.com/> is a
translation and interpreting agency based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands,
that works with clients and translators all over the world and that has
had years of experience in the field. At present we are, for one of our
clients , setting up a translation project of a Russian science fiction
novel for which we are seeking qualified *American* English translators
and editors.

The novel, written by the popular Russian author Sergey Lukyanenko
<http://www.rusf.ru/lukian/english/> , is called "The Genome", sample
<http://www.rusf.ru/lukian/books/genom/genom.htm>  , and has a total of
92.000 Russian words.

We invite all interested candidates, both translators and editors to send
their CV, publication list and references directly to GSTI by e-mail at
the following address; gs at gstransint.com <mailto:gs at gstransint.com> ,
attn Mr Gilles Sarrailhe.

The most suitable translator candidates will be requested to do a 5 page
sample translation for free, which will be reviewed by a panel.
Subsequently all candidates will receive the results of the review and
will be informed if they have been chosen for the project. All trial
translations will be reviewed anonymously to ensure complete impartiality
and equal chances.

The project should preferably start between half November and beginning
December 2004. We therefore urge any interested party to react as soon as
they can, preferably before the first week of November.

We look forward to your reaction.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Kind regards,

Gilles G.M. Sarrailhe